The City of Opelika, Alabama
If you’re looking for a local Opelika land surveyor, AuburnLandSurveying.com is the local marketing website for Pro17 Engineering, owned by J. Keith Maxwell, Professional Engineer & Professional Land Surveyor. Keith is a graduate of Auburn University and has worked as a Land Surveyor and Engineer for over 30 years. In the City of Opelika area, Keith works closely with other talented land surveyors, depending on the type of survey job required. Call Keith Maxwell at (334) 826-9540 to discuss your land surveying needs in City of Opelika/Auburn/Lee County area.
When you require the services of a land surveyor, most times it is better to choose a local surveying company. In the City of Opelika, Alabama area we’re lucky to have a few good options.
The City of Opelika, Alabama is the county seat of Lee County in the east central part of the State of Alabama. According to 2011 Census, the population of Opelika was 26,579 with a total land area of 52.8 square miles. Opelika is a part of the Auburn-Opelika, AL MSA with a total population of 135,833 as of 2010.
Interstate 85 runs through the City of Opelika and provides convenient ground transportation to Atlanta (75 minutes), Montgomery (50 minutes). Also U.S. Highway 280 runs through the City providing connections to Birmingham (2 hours) and Columbus, GA (30 minutes). After a tumultuous start Opelika began to grow after the founding of the Opelika Cotton Mill in 1900. Since then the textile industry has dried up but Opelika has attracted quite a number of industrial manufacturers, mostly related to the automotive industry. The city has also enjoyed a surge in retail development thanks in large part to the TigerTown mixed-use development located at the intersection of I-85 and US Highway 280. See this community profile for more information about the City of Opelika.
We would like to provide some additional information about the City of Opelika, AL here for newcomers or those just interested in knowing more about the area. This information is provided as a service to you and was current at the time of publication. Please let us know if there are necessary changes. We look forward to working with you.
City of Opelika Maps & Information:
- Council Member Ward 1 – Patricia Jones – (344) 745-6656
- Council Member Ward 2 – Larry Grey – (334) 704-0482
- Council Member Ward 3 – Joey Motley – (334) 749-4293
- Council Member Ward 4 – Eddie Smith, City Council President – (334) 742-9100
- Council Member Ward 5 – David Canon – 334-663-2024
- City Clerk – Mr. R. G. “Bob” Shuman
- Community Relations – Jan Gunter – (334) 705-5136
- Economic Development – Lori Huguley – (334) 705-5115
- City Engineering – (334) 705-5450
- City Accounting – (334) 705-5185
- City Fire Department – (334) 705-5300
- City Human Resource – Lisa McLeod – (334) 705-5130
- City Information Technology – InfoTech@ci.opelika.al.us
- City Library – Lewis Cooper Junior Memorial Library – (334) 705-5380
- City Power Services – (334) 705-5170
- Municipal Court – Mrs. Anita Comer, Municipal Court Clerk – (334) 705-5190
- Parks and Recreation – (334) 705-5560
- City Police – (334) 705-5200
- City Public Works – (334) 705-5400
- City Purchasing – (334) 705-5120
- City Revenue – Lillie Finley – (334) 705-5160
- Solid Waste Division – Michael Dowdell – (334) 705-5480
Sweet Home Alabama – Official Travel Site of Alabama
Alabama Life Insurance – Offering life insurance plans, private health insurance coverage, critical illness policies, disability coverage, and final expense insurance.
Auburn Land Surveying – Your local land surveying company offering lot surveys, flood elevation surveys, boundary surveying, elevation certificates, ALTA surveys, and topographic surveys to the City of Opelika, Auburn, and Lee county areas.